BONJOUR! EXPERIENCE MY FRANCE
I'm Emmanuel, your local guide and host. I will help you immerse yourself into the food, wine, architecture, history, language and lifestyle of the people of l'Occitanie.
What is Discover My France?
My France is my home region formerly called Midi-Pyrennes. In 2016, my region joined with the neighbouring region of Languedoc Roussillon to form the new region called l’ Occitanie.
Whilst you will have the opportunity to discover some of the most famous landmarks of the wider region of l’Occitanie, my tours will give you local insight into 2 areas called Tarn and Aveyron, both within 200 km from your base in Albi.
Discover My France is an alternative option between conventional tourism and independent travel if you want to:
- connect with the local French culture, traditions and people
- choose your own discovery options
- gain local insights with your guide, driver and interpreter
- learn French fast.
Why Choose My Tours?
- Enjoy the comfort and privacy of a small personal tour and meet local people through a wide range of interesting activities from visiting small villages to cooking your own French feast
- Stay in a unique charming old French home as a base for your stay in Albi. This riverside residence is in the heart of the UNESCO listed heritage town
- Immerse yourself in French daily life by buying fresh produce at the market and trying the local cuisine. Enjoy home made meals and the local food and wine tasting such as Roquefort cheese and Gaillac wine
- Learn French with me leading up to your trip. Learn quick and receive the personal attention you need to boost your confidence speaking French in real life situations
- Explore a relatively undiscovered part of France during your French holiday with local people and away from the typically crowded tourist tracks.
These prices are approximate and variable depending on your chosen itinerary and activities. Groups of two or more receive a discount.
4 Days/3 Nights - $1600 per person (all inclusive) or $1400 without lunch and dinner
7 Days/6 Nights - $2660 per person (all inclusive) or $2275 without lunch and dinner
10 Days/9 Nights - $3600 per person (all inclusive) or $3050 without lunch and dinner
(All inclusive means: food, transport, guide, accommodation, most activities).
7 Days/6 Nights - Intensive French Language Study Tour - $2000 per person.
- Pick up and drop off from Toulouse or Carcasonne airports to your base in Albi
- Visit Marche Couvert d'Albi, night markets, wine and cheese tasting and dining with local families
- Trekking, biking, picnic, kayaking, fishing for cray fish, day cruise on a barge on Canal du Midi
- Tours of Carcasonne, Toulouse, Cordes-Sur Ciel, Castres, Albi
- Visit to Musee du chocolat, Toulouse Lautrec, La Perouse, Dom Robert
- Workshops with the local people on art, cooking, petanque (bowls), French language
How to Book
- Send me an email with preferred dates and interests
- I will respond with a draft itinerary and price
- Accept the terms and conditions and make payment
- I will confirm your booking within 24 hours.
2018 Tour Dates -
1 July (FULL), 8 July, 15 July, 22 July, 29 July
5 August, 12 August, 19 August, 26 August
2 September, 9 September, 16 September, 23 September (FULL), 30 September
7 October, 14 October, 21 October, 28 October
November/December - Upon request.